Account Supervisor, Client Lead Energy
Mission + Cause
Public Relations - Washington, DC
Mission + Cause
Washington, DC 20005
Account Supervisor, Client Lead Energy
Adfero is seeking a full-time account supervisor or senior account supervisor to cultivate its growing energy client roster. Adfero is looking for an expert to advise clients, design and execute strategic communications campaigns and ongoing programs, manage teams and serve as a mentor to staff. With a team of account staff, content strategists, graphic designers and web developers, you’ll tranform clients’ biggest challenges into opportunities.
We would love you to have ….
5+ years of experience in strategic communications or public affairs.
Strong leadership skills and a desire to continually improve.
Previous agency, account management and business development experience.
Well-versed in energy policy, key issues, stakeholders and trends.
Fluent in digital media trends, strategies and best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related discipline.
The job itself: This is both a strategic and hands-on role. You’ll have the unique opportunity to shape Adfero’s growing energy practice. You’ll be leading and collaborating with other team members to develop and implement communication strategies for our trade association and corporate energy clients. You’ll use your writing skills to take complex energy issues and transform them with appropriate and persuasive messaging for various audiences. We’re looking for a self-motivated, proactive and driven energy expert and communications professional to provide superb client service and team leadership
If this has peaked your interest please reach out to our retained executive search partners Mission + Cause - email@example.com to discuss further or call Steve on +1 816 392 2527
Director of DIgital Content
Marketing - Boston, MA
Boston, MA 02134
Marketing - Supports Remote Work
Director of DIgital Content
Apply via EXTERNAL LINK
PRX is looking for an experienced director of digital content to lead campaign development and day-to-day management of PRX’s marketing content and digital platforms.
The Director of Digital Content is a key creative leadership position, building and executing multi-platform marketing campaigns that leverage creative content as the key asset. The ideal candidate is passionate about creative design and has a natural desire to build innovative and impactful marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone who has a solid understanding of how best to navigate across our platforms to attract and engage with PRX’s broad audiences including listeners, donors, partners, and media.
Definition of Success:
- Translate our strategic pillars and organizational goals into a plan for digital and social platforms with a focus on clearly establishing PRX’s role and impact within the industry.
- Develop and execute engaging, creative, unique campaigns that deliver clear messaging around our brands and shows for each of our unique audiences including partners, board, producers, and listeners.
- Ensure the digital creative team have clear roles and responsibilities across the many campaigns and can collaborate across PRX teams to develop creative strategies.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Work with the CMO to forge new pathways to build awareness and drive conversations around PRX’s brands, especially our top podcast networks that include Radiotopia, TRAX, and Religion of Sports.
- Partner with PRX’s audience growth team to strategically envision, write, edit, design and deploy content on diverse topics across multiple digital, visual/video, and print channels.
- Lead the execution of innovative, cross-channel content ideation and cultivate unique promotional partners to help raise awareness and visibility for PRX and its content partners.
- Oversee and work with the digital content and digital marketing managers to create unique, entertaining content that performs on multiple platforms including PRX social channels, and engages viewers/fans throughout the day.
- Manage and guide the growth and professional development of two managers that work on the digital team.
- Provide thought leadership on digital, social opportunities with a strong vision for how to elevate PRX brands, networks, and partners.
- Develop and produce digital content including newsletters, blogs, creative briefs, webinars and workshops, infographics, videos, audio promotions, and more.
- Meet and/or exceed established multi-platform growth goals including live streaming events, listener engagement, and content consumption metrics.
- Manage the digital creative budget including campaign allocation and spends across social media and digital channels
- Find ways to improve the delivery of creative content through coordinated and complementary efforts across the marketing department.
- Manage a calendar of new, recurring content campaigns of varying sizes and frequency, including specific initiative-based campaigns and tentpole events.
- Analyze user and consumption data to maximize opportunities for conversion
- Create clear goals and ensure accurate and comprehensive data reporting and analysis across all creative campaigns.
- Partner with the Audience Insights Analyst to provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to demonstrate success on digital platforms.
- Track new features and products across platforms to create compelling, innovative, content-oriented campaigns
Skills and Knowledge
- Exceptional organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail, with a focus on deadlines and creative objectives
- Has excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Enjoys a growth mindset and is open to, and constantly in search of, growth opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Has a commitment to training and development of a team and will enable, engage, empower and celebrate excellence.
- Can effectively manage time and resources to plan and deliver multiple ongoing projects effectively
- Self-starter mentality, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative and flexible
Qualifications & Experience
- 8+ years of experience creating marketing campaigns for audio, broadcast, podcast, television or film.
- 2+ years of experience working in design or video production project management or other relevant experience in creative project management (please be prepared to share a portfolio of your work).
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct multiple agency relationships across multiple projects with a clear design voice and an unbending creative rigor
- Experience developing and/or managing budgets and tracking expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong file storage management and archiving skills.
- Confident proofreading and copyediting skills.
- Experience in digital design; digital design systems, e-commerce, and performance marketing (email, paid social & other media)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and associated design and production software and hardware.
PRX offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision benefits; group term life insurance; short- and long-term disability income replacement coverage; and the option to participate in savings accounts for uncovered medical expenses and related costs. These benefits are available on the first day of employment. PRX also offers a retirement plan (with employer contributions) that takes effect after 6 months of employment.
If you are interested in this role but are feeling unsure about applying for whatever reason, please reach out to us! We want our organization to reflect the wide diversity of America, and the population we tell stories with. Therefore, if you are unsure about applying we encourage you to talk to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to welcome applicants of all backgrounds.
Public Relations Director
Unitarian Universalist Association
Public Relations - Boston, MA
Unitarian Universalist Association
Boston, MA 02210
Public Relations Director
To oversee public relations initiatives of the Unitarian Universalist Association and to amplify a values-based and moral voice in the news landscape on issues of social justice. To leverage the news cycle aligned with organizational priorities: voting rights, environmental justice, criminal justice, LGBTQ rights, Black and Indigenous People and People of Color equity, and the Movement for Black Lives.
To serve as part of the Communications staff group leadership team that includes the Senior Digital and Marketing Manager and Executive Editor. Working within the Office of Outreach and Public Witness, to advance UUA Public Relations and to grow the UUA voice and brand within the public arena. To spearhead and develop public relations plans and messaging on priority issues, performing pro-active news media outreach with a focus on issues management and crisis communications. To advise on best positioning for the voice of the UUA President and senior leadership, assessing and recommending opportunities within the national media space. To support congregations on effective crisis communications situations as needed.
- Directs all public relations activities in the Office of Outreach and Public Witness, overseeing UUA strategies, tactics, and operations related to public communications, news media outreach, and innovative digital engagement on social media and on national outlets and platforms. Collaborates to develop Communications positioning and messaging for the Association. Supervises the work of the Justice Communications Associate and Social Media Strategist.
- Develops overarching PR strategy and core set of messaging for UUA public voice, in keeping with larger Communications priorities for the oranization and framing of key issues, and defined in consultation with the Director of Communications and UUA senior leadership. Oversees UUA presence on institutional social media platforms and leverages UUA voice across social properties.
- Oversees the development of a PR framework for the UUA brand to determine how to insert our values and moral voice into the national conversation, reflecting current issues in public life and our commitments connected to global concerns. Builds awareness of UUA value-driven expertise and faith-based perspective among news media, positioning the Association as an influencer and significant thought leader within our faith sphere and the national arena. Makes effective use of digital platforms and broadcast channels to amplify issues in the political space, including podcasts and newer online news sites, and traditional channels, such as radio.
- For the UUA President, takes primary responsibility for ensuring appropriate writing support, including for long form articles, columns, and op-eds, and writes key pieces as needed; drafts and edits related quotes, talking points, speeches, and presentations, providing media coaching and within crisis moments as needed. Coordinates media relations for the President’s events. Assists with developing and implementing executive communications overall. Oversees writing production for presidential copy crafted by the Justice Communications Associate to align messaging.
- Engages news media by serving as Association’s spokesperson, develops relationships with key media actors, including editors, journalists, and producers, and participates in relevant Twitter conversations. Makes pitches, writes press releases and media advisories, PR plans, and pursues earned media placements in major news outlets nationally. Maintains a list of media influencers engaged with UUA priority areas.
- Monitors news cycle on an ongoing basis to inform PR strategy and issues management for targeted audiences and outlets. Anticipates upcoming news benchmarks and makes recommendations for PR opportunities and planning (policy flashpoints, press conferences, Congressional legislation, SCOTUS decisions, key partner initiatives, etc.). Tracks trending topics daily to pivot for a crisis communications response that speaks to core UUA issues as they emerge in public debate and poltical life.
- Assesses and reports on impact of PR and messaging via metrics that refect key digital platforms, including mentions, coverage, reach, engagement, and sentiment analysis.
- Works with Director of Communications, Senior Digital and Marketing Manager, and Executive Editor to map messaging with thematic content strategy for Communications ecosystem of channels, encompassing UUA values and unifying the brand.
- Collaborates with other UUA offices and staff groups to develop and advise on PR efforts and plans for high-profile Association initiatives, including for justice priorities and at the UUA’s annual General Assembly. Participates in Communications cross-staff meetings.
- Advises congregations on best practices and tools for media engagement and crisis communications, using a systemic training approach and ad hoc consulting for highly visible issues. Coaches individual religious professionals and lay leaders on public relations matters during crisis situations.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor, the Executive Vice-President, or the President.
This is a Grade 14 position with an expected hiring range of $85,000 to $95,000, depending on experience. Note that qualifications may be met as a result of lived experience, volunteer work, professional experience, and/or formal or informal training. A minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree is expected. Candidates should have significant PR and media experience with 7 or more years of public and media experience and a portfolio of successful earned media placements within national news outlets. Competitive candidates will have a consultative and collaborative leadership style and broad skill set within the field of public and media relations and a track record of effective use of digital communications and social media to advance institutional priorities, promoting thought leadership and issue-driven messages.
The candidate should have a facility for assessing and identify emerging media trends and seizing opportunities within trending and breaking news. Consultant must be able to quickly develop messaging and advise senior leadership to meet a media request or crisis moment. Must have a track record of crisis communications, an ability to respond in the moment, and experience working directly with C-suite leadership. Strong messaging skills are essential, and candidates should have a demonstrated record of effective written expression across various PR channels. Previous supervisory experience, personal integrity, and discretion are required. Familiarity with digital metrics is highly desirable.
Strong skill set with countering systems of oppression and cultural marginalization, and in leading with intercultural fluency, multicultural awareness, and humility, is required. Experience with social justice issues and strategic partnerships is desirable. Proficiency in Twitter and Facebook is required and familiarity with YouTube, along with newer social media platforms, such as Instagram, is preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required (especially Outlook and Word). Must be excited to promote the Unitarian Universalist Association stance on issues and Unitarian Universalist values. Worked or lived experience with communities of color or indigenous peoples is of particular value. Eagerness to work in an organization in which the dismantling of white supremacy is a high priority. Evening/weekend work required when responding to breaking events and news cycle. Occasional travel also required, including travel to the annual General Assembly each year in June.
* IMPORTANT: During the COVID-19 pandemic, UUA Boston offices remain closed and this will be a work-from-home position until our offices reopen.
How to Apply
People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. The UUA is committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role but unsure whether you meet all of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply. Send cover letter and résumé—indicating “Public Relations Director” in the subject line—via e‑mail to email@example.com, via fax to (617) 948-6467, or to Human Resources, UUA, 24 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210. E‑mail submissions preferred.
About the UUA
The Unitarian Universalist Association is a progressive religious denomination headquartered in Boston’s waterfront Fort Point Innovation District. Our faith community of more than 1,000 self-governing congregations brings to the world a vision of religious freedom, tolerance, and social justice. Our normal workweek is 35 hours, we pay 80% contribution towards health insurance premiums, 10% towards retirement (after one year), and have generous paid time-off policies. We are a great place to work and we value diversity. The UUA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all. As part of this commitment, the UUA will ensure that applicants and staff with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (617) 948-4648 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the UUA, visit us online at UUA.org and uuworld.org.
Support for the Mission and Values of the Association
The Unitarian Universalist Association is a progressive and historic religious denomination. While it is not generally required or expected that an applicant/employee identify as a Unitarian Universalist (UU) or be a member of a UU congregation in order to work at the UUA, all UUA staff members are expected to perform their job duties in accordance with the UUA’s values, principles and mission. In particular the following points, drawn from the Seven UU Principles, are of particular importance for the UUA’s work environment and staff culture:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every human being: We affirm the need for a human-centered workplace that allows our diverse staff to flourish. We also understand that our wider culture and society oppresses and denies human dignity, and we seek to counter the effects of that oppression in our hiring and workplace culture so that each person feels whole and valued.
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations, and the goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all: We speak openly and publicly of our support for social and political issues, including LGBTQ equity, racial justice, climate justice, gender equity, and reproductive justice.
- The interdependent web of existence: We recognize that the liberation of all people is interwoven, and we work to counter patriarchy, white supremacy, colonialism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, environmental exploitation, and other interrelated systems of marginalization.
Communications & Marketing Director
Center for Healthy Minds
Communication - Madison, WI
Center for Healthy Minds
Madison, WI 53703
Communications & Marketing Director
OverviewJob Title: Communications and Marketing Director
Location: Center for Healthy Minds (CHM)
625 W. Washington Ave.
Madison, WI 53703
Appointment percent: 75-100% FTE
The Communications and Marketing Director at the Center for Healthy Minds provides leadership for the development, implementation and evaluation of the Center's communications and marketing strategies, media, and public relations activities; works collaboratively with Center leadership to create annual strategic communications plans; and is responsible for effectively creating a global presence for the Center. This role is expected to lead Center goals related to audience reach, diversity, equity, inclusion, and philanthropic impact. Therefore, the ideal candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion and experience reaching diverse audiences.
The Center for Healthy Minds envisions a kinder, wiser, more compassionate world. As an interdisciplinary research Center, Our mission is to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind. CHM is a leader in conducting science - both in and out of the lab - on how to nurture emotional well-being in daily life across the lifespan.
Equity and inclusion are integral to achieving the vision of the Center. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across all spectrums. The Center is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its faculty, staff and students through organization-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
- 15% Develop and implement communications focused strategic planning initiatives and objectives
- 20% Develops communications campaigns, social media initiatives, programs, and/or projects in alignment with strategic objectives
- 10% Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures to promote communications in alignment with the strategic plan
- 30% Directs and evaluates communications projects, including the design, production, and delivery of internal and external publications
- 10% Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 5% Develop and monitor the unit's communications budget
- 10% Serve as a liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups providing communications information and representing the interests of the Center
Bachelor's degree required with a preference for Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Five or more years of communications and marketing work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading teams and translating strategic thinking into executable plans and project management.
- Experience with cross-cultural communications, reaching diverse audiences, and familiarity with accessibility best practices.
- Writing and communicating complex ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Leading the conceptual aspects of event development such as setting strategy, program development, as well as managing external and internal partnerships.
- Leading the development of audio visual communications.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Salary: Minimum starting salary: $70,00 – Depending on qualifications
An applicant may be hired into a No-Prefix University Relations Specialist or Senior University Relations Specialist title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire. Rate of pay will be based on experience and qualifications.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) Project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Fall 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: https://hr.wisc.edu/title-and-total-compensation-study/.
INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
How to Apply:
For a complete job posting and to apply please go to https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/510662/communications-marketing-director. Select the “Apply Now” button and start the application process.
- Upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
- Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience.
Application deadline: October 27, 2021
For questions contact: Lisa Wesley at email@example.com or 608-262-0196
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-Madison is an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
The Key PR
Public Relations - San Francisco, CA
The Key PR
San Francisco, CA 94103
The right candidate has 3-5 years of PR agency, media relations or comms experience.
Are you an SAE looking to go deeper into media relationship building and account management? An Account Supervisor looking to develop more autonomy in the day-to-day running of accounts? Our Associate role is perfect for entrepreneurial agency folks who are looking for greater ownership, more mentorship, and a supportive team to help you get there!
The Key is a strategic public relations agency - and our mission is to write a new story. We believe in high-impact, low-BS communications, and our work redefines how people are seen and ideas are heard.
We are expanding our team of intellectually curious, hard-working folks who like to tell stories, work with smart people, and be a part of something bigger. This is a rare opportunity to help create a culture of excellence, and to build the job you want. You’ll work directly with the founders on an array of clients - from Valley giants to stealth startups working to be household names, and will contribute to the growth and success of an emerging brand.
We are storytellers, builders, partners, creators - so you should love words and their power; consume media and think about the process from thought to story; work independently and also appreciate feedback, direction and collaboration. We have full lives, and our work is a rich part of that fullness, but doesn't rule.
As a Key Associate...
You will be the backbone of our media relations and account management initiatives. Associates work with our founder and principals to create smart, effective PR strategies and establish the media strategies to see campaigns come to fruition, bringing essential relationships to the job. You will bring your excellent writing skills, creativity, persistence and multitasking zen to this role, and help generate the very best media results that map to our clients’ business goals. As integrated partners, we have the opportunity to work with clients to create branding, digital, social media, and marketing strategies too.
What you'll work on:
Our clients represent exciting, forward-looking thinkers across mobile tech, autonomous vehicles, retail, personal finance, consumer lifestyle and more. We are seeking account runners with strong media chops, with experience in:
- Provide exceptional client and project management, from kickoff through achieving goals
- Participate in client calls and meetings, oversee PR plan development, day-to-day client work, and overall task management
- Manage through periods of change or challenge
- Demonstrate professional, articulate and timely client communications
- Identify, pitch and work with reporters (business, consumer, broadcast, influencer) to secure coverage on behalf of our clients
- Demonstrate strong grasp and creative use of social media channels to support our efforts
- Experience measuring the ROI of communications activities
- Write clear, concise pitches to engage target journalists
- Writing for a variety of audiences, in a broad range of voices, often on a quick turn: press releases, media lists, briefing books, backgrounders, speaking & awards submissions and lists, abstracts, Q&As, contributed content, and other written material.
- News mining for story development and new business research
- Demonstrate strong research skills across projects and creative brainstorms for clients and agency new business
- Recording and measurement: client & competitor research and reporting
- Evaluation of stories from data: review and analyze client data to find interesting media nuggets
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Organizational, tactical and communications skills: demonstrates organizational skills, meets deadlines, manages time and prioritization skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a knack for creative writing and storytelling
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining a positive attitude, sense of humor and desire to learn
We believe great communication is born from diverse experience, background and approach, and we strive to create an environment where we can all thrive together. The Key is an anti-racist business, strongly committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. The Key is an equal opportunity employer.
One of our Key Agreements is to “Take Care”- and we are serious about mind, body and life wellness. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision package, plus life and disability insurance
- Employee wellness program powered by ClassPass and other options
- When we're in the office, we have a magic cabinet stacked with healthy snacks (and an occasional bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos). For now, we make sure our team is nourished (via delivery @ home) during Lunch & Learns, AMAs, and brainstorms.
- Tons of hands-on learning, face-time with senior leadership, and regular education opportunities
- Mentorship program for all teammates
- Thoughtful career development and account distribution
- Opportunities to attend online industry conferences and events
- Catered Lunch & Learns, journalist meet & greets, and team-led trainings
- Unlimited vacation, and flex time
- 401K match and college loan repayment assistance
- Cell phone and online media subscription reimbursements
- Donation match to a non-profit close to your heart
- Regular team activities, happy hours and online coffee dates, retreats, and other chances to hang out together
- And when we're back in the office working safely together, we offer a central San Francisco location with easy access to Hayes Valley, the Castro and the Mission, with short walk to MUNI and BART stations
- Vibrant culture (check out our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thekey_pr)
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and, skills required of personnel so classified.
Vice President (Labor Communications)
Public Relations - Boston, MA
Boston, MA 02453
Public Relations - Supports Remote Work
Vice President (Labor Communications)
Overview617MediaGroup, the Northeast’s fastest-growing progressive communications agency, is looking for a Vice President to join our growing team. This full-time position will be based in our Massachusetts, New York City or Washington, D.C. headquarters. At 617MediaGroup, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our communities. 617MediaGroup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Who we are:
Veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists, storytellers, web developers and true-believers. We love what we do. We’re results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe in.
What we do:
We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all.
What we value:
• The peace of mind that comes with fully-paid healthcare premiums.
• Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off.
Who you are:
• Big picture communication and campaign strategist with experience conceiving and executing winning campaigns for labor unions or advocacy campaigns
• An ace writer and content creator. A pro at developing the strategy and creative for client campaigns, including content calendars, mailers, landing pages, social memes/graphics
• A proven leader and manager with experience developing talent and leading teams of writers and designers to hit deadlines, produce exceptional work, and have fun doing it
• A highly organized client relations and project management pro
• A creative, collaborative multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced, campaign-like environments
• Skilled in digital organizing and communications with familiarity in online advertising, mobile strategy, and web design.
• Posses knowledge of digital platforms and analytics to further client and campaign success.
• You have at least 7-9 years of strategic communications experience in labor, advocacy, organizing, politics, or media, and you’re eager to make a difference for the public good. Agency experience a plus.
• You create sharp content, from social media calendars to video scripts to op-eds. You know how to create killer content that aligns with client and campaign strategy
• History of overseeing multimedia and/or graphic design projects with experience managing designers preferred.
• Experience using HubSpot, WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Manager or similar platforms.
• You design integrated campaigns utilizing social media, online advertising, email marketing, and web design as part of integrated campaigns
• History of managing a team of designers and copywriters for web and print platforms
All employees in this position are expected to retain a valid driver’s license and a purchased or leased automobile for personal transportation to work events with a valid inspection sticker. If this expectation will create an unmitigable hardship, and you would like to request an exemption, please note that in your cover letter.
The current minimum starting salary offer for this position is $75,000. The current maximum starting salary offer for this position is $104,999. Starting salary offer amounts are furnished at the discretion of the agency with adherence to contractually guaranteed minimum pay rates and are also based on the relevant experience level of the applicant and on agency hiring needs. 617MediaGroup is proud to be a union shop and 617MediaGroup employees are covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Employees of 617MediaGroup enjoy robust opportunities for professional and financial growth and advancement.
Please apply on our website: https://grnh.se/234768a22us
Communications Team Manager
Black Futures Lab
Communication - Oakland, CA
Black Futures Lab
Oakland, CA 94612
Communication - Supports Remote Work
Communications Team Manager
The Black Futures Lab 501(c3) works to make Black communities powerful in politics. We transform Black communities into constituencies that wield independent, political power at the municipal, state, and federal level. The problems our communities face are complex; the solutions to those problems require imagination, experimentation, and political power. We advance strategies that help us imagine the alternatives we deserve, while building political power at the local, state and national level in order to implement those alternatives.
This position is shared with our sister entity, Black to the Future Action Fund, a separate 501(c4).
The Communications Team Manager is a temporary, full time position, responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of our Communications team. The Communications Team Manager temporarily assumes the major roles and responsibilities of the Communications Director. The Communications Team Manager will drive a multichannel communications strategy, while conducting regular supervision of department staff, facilitating weekly meetings with the Communications Department, and managing and coordinating all vendors and consultants. The Communications Team Manager is supervised by the Principal.
$125,000, pro-rated for 6 month term from hire date. Position can be contract or salaried, depending on preference.
Roles & Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
Drive a multichannel communications strategy
- Oversee successful implementation of campaign-specific Communications strategy
- Lead and monitor creation of digital, video, audio and print content
- Track engagement across various platforms and make data driven decisions
- Lead a team of communication, marketing, and design professionals
- Support all social media and digital outreach, including but not limited to newsletters, website articles, etc. to increase engagement, grow target audience and raise brand visibility
- Copyedit and review all external communications (including but not limited to, social media, email, web, scripts)
- Serve as point person to field media requests, develop staff talking points, draft all press correspondence
- Facilitate weekly Communications Department meetings
- Attend, participate, and serve as a thought partner in relevant standing meetings with vendors (Communications consultant, graphic designer, SBD)
- Attend and participate in all other relevant internal standing meetings (Organizing Team meeting, Political + Communications meeting, Organizing + Communications meeting, Staff Meeting)
- Serve as a thought partner to other Department leads
- Work closely with organization leads to develop hard-hitting and effective campaigns with clear quantitative and qualitative goals
Support an environment of staff engagement by providing consistent and effective feedback, guidance, and opportunities to engage in structured and unstructured professional development
Staff Support and Supervision
- Conduct weekly supervision meeting with each member of the Communications Department
- Complete all necessary HR needs on behalf of the Communications Director, such as evaluations, performance reviews, and Department work plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3 years of experience working with Black communities
- At least 3 years of communications, marketing, and public relations experience with documented outcomes
- At least 3 years of organizational leadership experience, including leading teams
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven success developing and executing communications strategies and campaigns
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques, and able to stay ahead of the curve
- Mastery level of online platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Sprout Social, WordPress, MailChimp, Powerpoint etc.
- Superior copywriting and editing experience
- Proven experience writing for the web and social media, with a strong preference for a proven track-record building successful content strategies.
- Proven success developing and overseeing implementation of earned and paid media strategies
- A nuanced understanding of the current and historical Black organizing political landscape.
- A strong ability to raise the profile of the organization, its projects and grow the intended target audience
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven success leading teams and supervision of team members
- Superior leadership abilities and experience working collaboratively across departments
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience working with LGBTQOC communities
The role of Interim Communications Team Manager would be for a period 6 to 7 months, depending on hire date.
ACLU of Hawaii
Communication - Honolulu, HI
ACLU of Hawaii
Honolulu, HI 96813
OverviewAre you a Communications pro who wants to spearhead creative messaging in sharing the ACLU of Hawaiiʻs work with the community, shaping public perception?
With continued threats to civil liberties at the national level, the increased need to develop good policy at the local level, the still-evolving impacts of the COVID crisis on civil rights, and the 400-years overdue increase in awareness of the impacts of systemic racism on every element of our society—it is the ideal time to become a leader in the ACLU! You’re invited to join forces with us and help make a meaningful, positive, long-term impact on the future of Hawai‘i and the United States.
We seek a Communications Director to play a vital role in sculpting our bold vision to protect and promote the civil liberties that define our democracy. This committed and high-performing individual will drive initiatives for communications and digital advocacy, working closely with leaders in other departments.
Please be a strategic thinker with a passion for our mission, a vision for applying communications tactics to reach organizational goals, and an innovative approach to conceiving and executing plans of action.
Ideally, you are also a leader who will develop and achieve goals across issue areas, driving content development for advocacy campaigns and public-education initiatives across multiple platforms. This position is based in Honolulu, but works remotely during the coronavirus pandemic, and will report to the Executive Director.
What you’ll do
- Strategy: Identify specific communications goals for the ACLU of Hawai‘i, develop plans and strategies to reach them, and measure progress. Determine appropriate communications tactics to disseminate ACLU news, promote advocacy campaigns, publicize events and broaden ACLU audiences.
- Media Relations: Handle all aspects of media relations, including writing and disseminating press releases and advisories, pitching stories to targeted reporters, fielding media requests, managing a media database, drafting talking points, making statements, arranging interviews with ACLU spokespersons, and coaching spokespersons.
- Digital Communications: Manage the online presence of the ACLU of Hawai‘i, leading staff in generating content that is engaging, up-to-date, and results in measurable action. Develop and manage posting of content to our digital channels, including web site, social media (currently Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and emails to subscribers.
- Print Materials: Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print collateral including newsletters, toolkits, educational material, brochures, event invitations and promotional items. Provide editorial and design direction, handle quality control and proofreading, oversee production, and create and implement distribution plans.
- Community Outreach: Assist with initiating and strengthening relationships and collaborations with organizations and leaders who are aligned with the ACLU's mission and purpose. Identify opportunities for community outreach at events and mobilize volunteers to represent the ACLU through outreach activities (e.g., tabling opportunities, marches, etc.).
- Communications Team: Manage relationships with vendors such as designers and printers. Support the training and deployment of volunteers involved in community outreach with teachable assets from the voice of the ACLU.
- Professional Development: Attend national and regional ACLU training and staff conferences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
What you’ll need
- A commitment to the mission and goals of the ACLU of Hawai‘i.
- A proven ability to create and manage communications strategies of an organization’s legal, legislative, and community activities.
- Experience creating engaging social media and website posts that are topical and support the affiliate’s campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills as an advocate; a “quick study” on an array of issues, including the ability to analyze and articulate legal and civil rights concepts and other complex issues and communicate them to a variety of audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to distill complicated issues into clear, thoughtful press releases, social media posts, and internal and external-facing campaign materials.
- Able to quickly and efficiently create social media content that speaks to the moment, and to assess messaging effectiveness and engagement.
- The ability to manage and report on web analytics.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, keep organized in a fast-paced environment, manage simultaneous projects, and adjust strategy to changing demands.
- A collaborative style with colleagues across departments.
- Experience working with diverse coalitions and community groups, across the political spectrum, and valuing differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation and identity, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstances.
- Ability to travel as needed within the state and occasionally to the continental United States.
- Skills in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Creative Suite; web-based research services; website design and maintenance services.
- Familiarity with Hawai‘i.
If you’re excited about devoting your talents and skills to the ACLU of Hawai‘i, submit your resume, letter of interest, and mention where you learned of this opportunity, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Communications Director – Hawai‘i” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls, please. To ensure your application is received, please do not use any other ACLU email address.
Salary is commensurate with experience and within the parameters of the ACLU of Hawai‘i compensation scale. Excellent benefits currently include: generous vacation, sick leave, and paid family and medical leave; employer-provided health insurance, and long-term disability; defined contribution plan with employer match; and 14 paid holidays.
We will accept applications until October 31, 2021 or until the position is filled, at which time the job announcement will be removed from our website. We hope that one of those applications is yours.
The ACLU of Hawai‘i is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public interest organization, dedicated to defending and enhancing civil rights and civil liberties through litigation, legislative advocacy, organizing, and community education.
The ACLU of Hawai'i is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. It is our policy to employ qualified people without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; ancestry; disability; sexual orientation; veteran’s status; marital status; civil union status; arrest or court record; citizenship; credit history; genetic information; gender identity or expression; status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence, or stalking; or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Associate Director of News and Communications
University of Michigan
Communication - Ann Arbor, MI
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Associate Director of News and Communications
Two virtual informational sessions will be held if you want to learn more about the role. Email email@example.com for access information:
- Friday, Oct 1 from 12:30-1:15 pm EST
- Monday, Oct 4 from 4-4:45 pm EST
To apply for this position- please visit this Univeristy of Michigan site.
University of Michigan Engineering's Office of Communications & Marketing (C&M) produces award-winning products and content that support the groundbreaking work of Michigan Engineering, whose mission is to serve the common good. The C&M team is composed of a creative group of individuals, whose work showcases the outstanding research and education of Michigan Engineering and furthers its goal of service to society.
As our Associate Director of News & Communications, you will be an important leader on this creative team, developing and realizing communications and media relations strategies that inform and inspire our community and beyond. You will report to the Executive Director.
What You'll Do
You will look and listen across Michigan Engineering and the C&M team to identify communications opportunities, craft and deploy strategies on our wide variety of platforms and products, and promote cross-team collaboration among writers, multimedia producers, marketing specialists, social media strategists, web developers and more.
- Collaborate with others to guide communications, news and institutional media relations strategy, helping to determine high-level goals, craft strategies and implement tactics.
- Work with the broader C&M leadership team to employ multiple communications and marketing strategies across a variety of platforms.
- Set strategy, write and edit content and build relationships with media on institutional items such as those relating to education, administration, facilities, programs and culture.
- Work with the Research News Editor, who sets the news/media relations strategy, edits news content, and liaises with media on research-related items.
- Explore practices in higher education, at publications and in other industries to identify opportunities for increasing Michigan Engineering's reputation.
- Stay sharp though ongoing benchmarking, landscape analysis and other research to make data driven decisions.
- Apply a public engagement lens to advise on and advocate for storytelling and outreach, and articulate and promote complex ideas.
- Consult with our marketing experts on positioning language for applications such as social media, digital content and ads.
- Co-manage the four-person news and communications writing team and one digital marketing strategist.
- Work in a creative, hybrid environment, collaborating in a mix of remote and in-person work.
Who You Are
Are you a values-driven public relations and engagement strategist with experience working in or collaborating on numerous platforms such as earned media, web properties, social media, newsletters, and more? As our Associate Director of News and Communications, you:
- Are an accomplished writer and editor and understand the nuances between journalists, academics, students and the general public.
- Want to contribute to the community, partner with leaders and academics, and love cross-departmental
- Sweat the details but see the big picture, excel in an environment filled with change, are passionate about quality and creativity, and are not afraid to change your mind.
- Are committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-racism, and understand how this work is amplified or damaged in language, images and channels in marketing.
- Love working in complex teams, and lead with clarity, compassion and consideration.
Why Work at Michigan?
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, the University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off and emphasis on work-life balance
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave
- 7+ years of related experience in communications, media relations, writing and editing including some time leading work related to positioning institutional priorities in multi-platform campaigns for multiple audiences.
- A Bachelor's degree in communications, digital media, journalism or other relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years supervising and managing professional staff with knowledge of anti-racism and inclusive organization principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of media relations strategies, ideally within the higher education landscape.
- Expert proficiency related to writing and editing news/feature stories and media/press outreach.
- Experience creating institutional and key messaging, including for crises or issues.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and how those ideals are supported by this team.
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.umich.edu.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/college/about/diversity.
*POSTING BEGIN/END DATE 9/28/2021 – 10/12/2021
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. While this posting is scheduled to be on the job site for fourteen days, the review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.
Head of Corporate Communications and Media Relations
The Kroger Company
Public Relations - Cincinnati, OH
The Kroger Company
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Head of Corporate Communications and Media Relations
Responsible for creating an ambitious public affairs strategy to expand the companies license to operate and be recognized among the most reputable and influential companies. Serve as the day-to-day top media spokesperson and drive strategic communications initiatives with a variety of stakeholders. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute communications/public relations strategies that build, enhance and protect the company's brands and reputation
- Lead external corporate communications in various areas including: Media Relations, Crisis Communications/Issues Management, Executive Communications, and Financial Communications
- Develop/implement a proactive media relations plan that aligns with the company's strategic business plan/public affairs strategy
- Cultivate/strengthen productive relationships with key national media outlets, external public affairs contractors and resources
- Develop a network of productive relationships with company executives/managers to find information
- Train and coach senior/other key executives to effectively interact with media
- Explore/understand earned, traditional, social and emerging media to drive the company narrative through multiple channels
- Serve as the first-line of defense for responding to real-time crises including recall communications/other consumer issues, ensuring consistency of the company's message/values
- Provide foresight/insight, continuously scanning the horizon for evolving, emerging issues/opportunities
- Advise public affairs leaders from operating divisions/subsidiaries, and train/develop them to be highly-effective, trusted advisors to their business unit leadership
- Provide speechwriting/external communication services for CEO, EVPs and other high-impact executives
- Support the production of the Chairman's Annual Letter to Shareholders, Annual Meeting of Shareholders, and other corporate publications
- Support External Relations in building/implementing a thought leadership platform
- Coordinate with External Relations, Investor Relations, CFO and others to achieve positive positioning of the company with shareholders/other key financial stakeholders
- Support External Relations, Investor Relations, Senior Executives, Law Dept. and others in the development and execution of quarterly/annual communications that report Kroger's business strategy/results
- Travel to company facilities to collaborate and train various leaders
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications
- 8+ years of communications experience in a public company, retail/consumer brands, government or campaigns
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Experience with media is critical, including having served as an on the record spokesperson for a company, organization or campaign
- Proven execution of sound judgment/calm under pressure
- Proven strategic thinker
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and build relationships across all business units and levels of management